Married since 1993 and the proud mother of a baby girl born on April 28, 2006.
· Undergraduate degree – University of Maryland (1984)
· Dental School – University of Maryland School of Dentistry
· Magna Cum Laude Graduate (1988)
· Phi Beta Kappa
· Inducted Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society (1998)
· Inducted Gorgas National Dental Honor Society (1988)
· General Practice Residency (1988-1989) York Hospital, York, Pa.
· General Practice Residency (1989-1990) Chief Resident Carolina’s Medical Center Charlotte, N.C.
· General Dental Practice (1990-1993) Charlotte, N.C.
· Assistant Clinical Professor (1993-1994) Operative Department and the Department of Oral Medicine University of the Pacific San Francisco, Ca.
· Periodontal Residency (1994-1997) University of California at San Francisco Certificate in Periodontology (1997)
· Masters Degree in Oral Biology (1997) University of California at San Francisco
· Established a Periodontology and Implant Practice (July, 1997) Durham, N.C.
· Assistant Professor at UNC school of Dentistry Post Graduate Perio. Dept.
· Diplomate (May, 2000) American Board of Periodontology
A Diplomate is the highest achievement in our specialty and reflects mastering both written and clinical skills under the extreme scrutiny of other Diplomates in the field
· Sec-Treasurer- NC Society of Periodontists 2011-2012
· President-Elect NC Society of Periodontists 2012-2013
· President NC Society of Periodontists 2013-2014
· American Academy of Periodontology
· American Board of Periodontology
· American Dental Association
· N.C. Society of Periodontists
· N.C. Dental Society
· Founder of the Multi Disciplinary Study Club
· Gateway Study Club
· John Dilday Study Club
· Supporter of Hospice, The Food Bank of N.C., the Durham Rescue Mission, Doctors Without Borders